Pascagoula Criminal Lawyers
In Pascagoula, we see property crime, assaults, robberies, and even rape, and murder. But, in this country you are considered “innocent until proven guilty.” It may not feel that way when you’re arrested, and brought to the Jackson County Adult Detention Center on Bruce Evans Dr., but make no mistake you absolutely have the right to tell your side of the story, and possibly even get a dismissal.
Now, as soon as you’re arrested, you’re handcuffed, put through a battery of tests and screenings, and put in front of a judge who’ll decide whether or not you can go back home until trial. Many people feel like they’re already presumed guilty before they have even had a chance to defend themselves
Finding your way out of this system and getting a second chance at a fresh start isn’t easy, and it’s even harder if you don’t have the right legal team by your side. At Holcomb & Russell, we have a wide body of experience in many types of criminal defense cases. A strong criminal defense is the backbone of the justice system, and we’re here to fight for you. Schedule your consultation right now by calling us at 228-206-5843.
We’re Here to Help with Your Criminal Charges
When you’re facing criminal charges, you need an attorney you can trust to have your back every step of the way. Our team of Pascagoula criminal defense lawyers has helped clients in a wide range of cases, including:
- Felonies are dealt the harshest penalties, and a felony conviction will likely change your life for decades to come. You face losing the right to vote, the right to purchase firearms, and the ability to pursue certain career paths.
- While misdemeanors are less serious than felonies, you still shouldn’t take your charges lightly. Hire an attorney promptly if you want to protect your future opportunities and privacy.
- Driving under the influence is one of the most common crimes in the United States, and Mississippi ranks near the top in terms of arrest rates and fatalities caused by driving under the influence. As a result, you should expect the prosecution to come down hard on you. An attorney is your best shot at a better outcome.
- Theft and related crimes. A wide range of Mississippi statutes cover theft, burglary, and similar crimes. We’ve represented clients in many property crime arrests throughout our years in practice.
- Assault and battery. Crimes of physical violence, including domestic violence, are generally handled harshly by prosecutors. Without an attorney, you risk long-term prison sentences, massive fines, reparations, and more.
- Drug crimes. Possession, manufacturing, and trafficking of controlled substances are serious charges that can derail your future plans. Take swift action to get the criminal defense you need.
- Juvenile cases. Cases involving juvenile offenders must be handled carefully to help minors avoid the stigma of conviction and get a second chance.
- White collar crimes. Tax fraud, mail fraud, immigration fraud, and embezzlement are just a few of the white-collar crime cases our team has helped clients with.
- Sex crimes. Some of the most serious crimes our team has handled have involved sex crimes. Not only do these cases involve severe penalties, but they can also forever change the course of a person’s life and reputation.
The Services We Provide
If you select Holcomb & Russell for your criminal charges in Pascagoula, you can feel confident that we’ll advocate for you every step of the way. Some of the help we provide includes:
- Getting bail so you can return home. Too many people sit in jail until their trial, solely because they cannot arrange the payment of a cash bond or secure the services of a bondsman. For most crimes, reasonable bail is available.
- Connecting with expert witnesses if needed. As we prepare for court, we’ll determine what type of evidence will be useful in your defense. Our extensive network in the Pascagoula area enables us to find the expert witnesses we need for a solid case.
- Navigating the specific protocols in your municipality. Depending on whether you’re facing state or federal charges, different procedures may be necessary. Our long history of practicing in Mississippi means that you can rely on us to interpret the laws correctly and use our knowledge to benefit your case.
- Securing and weighing plea deal options. Many criminal cases never make it to trial, thanks to plea deals and other options. We’re not here to encourage you to take the fastest and most convenient offer—we’re here to help find the outcome that best suits your needs, no matter how long it takes.
- Assistance and advocacy in the courtroom. Going to trial is a stressful and challenging experience, and you deserve to know that you’re going in prepared. We’re here to make sure that happens.
How a Criminal Conviction Can Change Your Life
Wondering if you really need a criminal defense attorney? Maybe you know you’re innocent and you’re certain that’s enough to get you out of the trouble you’re facing. Perhaps you know the odds are stacked against you, but you’re confident that you can talk your way out of a conviction.
Skipping out on hiring an attorney is one of the biggest mistakes you can make when you’ve been charged with a crime. The penalties you face if convicted are life-changing in the worst way possible. Just think about some of the penalties associated with different crimes.
If you commit petit larceny in Mississippi, you’ll spend up to one year in jail, pay a fine of up to $1,000, or you’ll have to do both. Those convicted of disturbing the peace could spend up to six months in jail and pay a fine of $500. The stakes are even higher for felony convictions.
Someone convicted of a home burglary could be sentenced to up to 25 years in prison, and an individual convicted of aggravated domestic violence could spend up to ten years in prison. These are all chances you do not want to take with your future.
You also have to think about the other consequences of a conviction. In addition to the financial penalties and the possibility of incarceration, you’ll likely have to pay a substantial amount to cover court fees. You could be barred from your profession of choice, lose your standing in your community, and have your criminal history held over you if you face family law issues in the future.
This isn’t the time to take chances and hope for the best. This is when you bring in an attorney who will fight aggressively for you.
Contact Our Team to Schedule Your Free Consultation
Whether you’ve been arrested for DUI, assault, theft, or another type of crime, do not wait any longer to protect yourself and your rights. Choose Holcomb & Russell for the defense you deserve. Give us a call at 228-206-5843 or contact us online to get started.