Bay St. Louis Personal Injury
Take the first step in your personal injury claim now.
An unexpected injury can be devastating, especially when it leaves you with a growing pile of medical bills, limited income, and mental trauma. Whether you’ve been the victim of a dog bite, car crash, slip and fall, or another type of accident, you may have options. If someone else is responsible for your injury, why should you be left paying for everything while they suffer no consequences? With a personal injury claim, you can pursue compensation for everything you lost during your accident.
It all starts with choosing the right legal team. At Holcomb & Associates, we know that victims are often mistreated by negligent parties and their insurance companies. We believe you deserve better. We strive to build the strongest case possible for every client to help them secure full and fair compensation for what they have lost.
Take the first step in your personal injury claim now. Call Holcomb & Associates at 228-432-6652 to schedule a consultation right away.
Personal Injury Cases We Take
Our team boasts a large body of personal injury experience, making us the ideal choice for your claim. Whether your claim results in a settlement or a courtroom battle, we’re ready to do what’s right for you and your family. Some of the cases we take include:
- Car collisions
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle crashes
- Slip and fall injuries
- Dog bites
- Defective products
These are only some of the personal injury cases we take, so if your case isn’t listed here, please still contact us to set up a consultation. We’ve secured fair outcomes for our clients both during negotiations and in the courtroom, so whichever route your claim goes, you can feel confident that we are doing what is best for you.
What’s the Process of a Personal Injury Claim?
After you suffer a personal injury, you may be lost and unsure of what to do next. Taking the right steps can preserve your claim and help you fight for compensation. After any type of injury, we recommend:
- Talking to the relevant authorities. You want a paper trail of your injury and the accident that caused it. That starts with an accident report. If you are hurt in any type of vehicle accident, you’ll speak first with the Bay St. Louis Police Department. The Hancock County Animal Shelter handles all dog bites and other pet attacks. If you’re hurt on someone’s property, you’ll speak either to the homeowner or to the on-site manager or supervisor. If they write up a report, make sure to get a copy for your own records.
- Gathering evidence. Evidence starts disappearing shortly after an accident occurs. If you are hurt in a car crash, you don’t want to wait to take pictures and video footage. If you go back the next day, the broken glass and crumpled vehicle frames will be gone. The same is true if you talk to anyone who observed your accident—it’s important to get their contact information immediately if they are willing to help as an eyewitness. Trying to track them down later could mean the loss of an important piece of evidence.
- Getting checked out by a doctor. Some accident victims delay a hospital or doctor’s office visit, worried about the possible costs. However, a medical report is one of the best types of evidence you can bring to the table. On top of that, you may have injuries that require prompt treatment. Local facilities to consider include Ochsner Medical Center, Gulf Coast Memorial Hospital, and Diamondhead Urgent Care.
- Speaking with a Bay St. Louis personal injury attorney. There is a three-year statute of limitations in Mississippi, but it’s not recommended that you wait that long to file a claim. The sooner you start your claim, the easier it is to gather evidence and build a solid case.
Getting the Compensation You Deserve
If it’s obvious that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries, you might expect it to be easy to get the compensation you deserve. Unfortunately, personal injury claims aren’t that simple. Compensation is generally not paid by the liable party, but by their insurance company—and insurance companies are very good at paying as little as they can.
That’s why it’s important to work with Biloxi personal injury attorneys who know how to hold companies accountable. The stronger your case is, the harder it is for the insurance company to argue that you deserve less than what you’re asking for. Depending on the type of accident you’re involved in and the injuries you sustain, you may receive compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Disability and disfigurement
- Wrongful death
The amount you actually receive for your claim depends on many different factors, including how much evidence you have, how severe your injuries are, the willingness of the insurance company to negotiate, and how skilled your lawyer is.
Why Choose Holcomb & Associates
The attorney you choose can make a huge difference in the outcome of your personal injury claim. Some personal injury attorneys work on volume, not quality. They take every case they can, engage in some basic negotiations, and encourage clients to agree to whatever the insurance company offers.
It doesn’t really matter if the claim is worth more or if the insurance company is lowballing them, the attorney just wants to wrap up the claim, get their check, and move on to the next one. While these attorneys may make bold promises, they rarely deliver on them.
That’s not what we do at Holcomb & Associates. Here, we understand that the outcome of a personal injury claim can genuinely affect your physical, financial, and emotional wellbeing. You deserve to be treated as more than just a case file or number.
Most cases do settle during negotiations, and this may be the desired outcome for your claim. However, if that doesn’t work out, we won’t push you to take a low offer. Instead, we’ll be ready to plead your case in the courtroom. We won’t give in just to wrap your case up—we are focused on getting you the compensation you deserve.
Start Your Claim and Fight for the Compensation You Deserve with Holcomb & Russell
You never know when you’re going to need a Bay St. Louis, MS attorney—but when you do, you deserve the best. Whether you’re facing family law issues, a personal injury concern, or criminal charges, having the right attorney makes all the difference. If you live in or around Bay St. Louis and you’re dealing with unexpected legal challenges, find out how Holcomb & Associates can help.
When you work with Holcomb & Associates, you can focus on recovering from your injuries while knowing that your case is in safe hands. Injuries are expensive, and you deserve fair compensation. Are you ready to get started? Just call us at 228-432-6652 or fill out our quick online form to set up a meeting.